Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doll Clothing

My newest doll is going to be here shortly, and I wanted to have something suitable for her to wear. Since I am pretty good with crocheting, and I have all this yarn, I thought what the heck, I can make some.

My first attempt, not so good. I made a black vest, and tried it on one of my daughter's Barbie dolls. (Heard they are around the same size as a Hujoo.) The yarn was just too bulky to believe it was made for her size. It also came out too tight on the doll.

Second attempt at crocheting doll clothes, much more success. I crocheted a black skirt out of a finer yarn. I think it came out very nicely. See pic.

Third attempt, I think I overdid myself. I made a jacket for my Hujoo. It is two toned. The main yarn used was a funky light blue, with little threads that came out when you crocheted, and the accent is the same black yarn I used for the skirt. I also added a silver ribbon to tie it together. Don't forget the hair flower, love them.

Overall, I really like the results of my crazy day of doll-clothes-making. I also made a shirt for the doll out of an old shirt I cut up, but have yet to add the velcro, and trimmings. I hope this is a good style for Amelie, my much anticipated Hujoo. I wanted her to be kind of bad @ss. Might be hard to look tough when your outfit is so cute, but I might like the contradiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment